Learn About Your Options For Unemployment Benefits
Do you know what to expect from your unemployment hearing? An experienced employment lawyer can help you prepare for the challenges you face when trying to collect unemployment. At Krevsky Bowser, we handle unemployment compensation claims for individuals throughout Pennsylvania. From willful misconduct to voluntary resignation, we can take on complex cases and make sure your rights are protected.
Potential Unemployment Benefits And Eligibility
Unemployment benefits are a means of temporary support should you lose your job through no fault of your own. There are a number of requirements that you must meet to obtain unemployment compensation, including:
- You lose your job due to no fault of your own.
- You filed an application for unemployment.
- Your employer was required or elected to pay into the unemployment fund.
- You have worked enough to earn sufficient credit weeks.
- You have registered to work with the Pennsylvania CareerLink.
- You are currently available and capable of working.
- You have met the one week waiting period after filing for unemployment.
In some cases, an employer may appeal an employee’s claim for unemployment compensation. This can add an additional challenge when trying to secure unemployment benefits. Some employers want to minimize the number of unemployment claims tied to their company to avoid increased taxation. In other instances, employers believe that the employee is responsible for his or her own termination, and will appeal the unemployment claim based on principle. Regardless of your employer’s motives, we are fully equipped to address these appeals and help advocate for your full unemployment benefits.
We handle unemployment compensation claims for individuals across Pennsylvania. Located within the Capital Beltway, our offices provide free parking and are easily accessible from every major thoroughfare in Harrisburg. Call 717-303-3764 or contact us online today for more information.